Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Bloody Good Bye

Last Thursday we said goodbye to Elizabeth. She is leaving the Food Lab to finish her masters at SLU in Uppsala! 
For our final hurrah, Elizabeth made a traditional German Black Forest Cake, although she used a not so traditional method. As I have mentioned before, Elizabeth has been working with blood as an egg replacement so she baked 2 cakes- a bloody black forest cake and a blood-free black forest cake.





We did a blind taste test. Well I should say they did a blind taste test. I knew which cake was blood-free and just dined on that one. I ate the blood ice cream Elizabeth made my first day at the Lab and I tastes a blood pancake but I am just not comfortable eating blood for many reasons.





Both cakes were a huge hit!

I am sad to see Elizabeth go, I miss her thick German accent and sense of humor, her kind spirit, and inspiring ambition whether it's to perfect a recipe in the kitchen or her dive off the boat. 
But hey, now I have one more excuse to head back to Uppsala!

No comments:

Post a Comment